Like employees, auto-entrepreneurs must pay social contributions to finance their social security coverage. If you are an auto-entrepreneur, you are your own boss: you therefore pay part of your turnover directly to the URSSAF.
To calculate and pay your taxes and contributions, URSSAF needs to know your turnover. This is why you must make a monthly declaration (due on the last day of the month) or quarterly (due on April 30, July 31, October 31 and January 31 before noon).
Note: when you start your business, you have 3 months to make your first declaration.
You can make your declaration in two ways:
- By going to the portal https://www.autoentrepreneur.urssaf.fr/portail/accueil.html
- On the mobile application "AutoEntrepreneur Urssaf
Step 1: I create my account
- Go to www.autoentrepreneur.urssaf.fr.
- Click on the "My account" section on the top right of the screen.
- After entering your personal information (last name, first name, email, phone and social security number) in the "I don't have an account yet" field, click on "Create my account"
- An email validating your email is sent to the email address you entered. Click on "Validate my email address".
- Set a password according to the requested criteria. A password validation window will appear
Step 2: I complete my declaration
- Go back to the home page and click on "My account" at the top right of the screen. Enter your identifiers (mail/social security number and password)
- Enter your activity without the "Go further" tab
→ Please note: select as your main activity: "Travel planning advice and guidance". If you have an additional activity in parallel, you must also indicate it as "service provider" if you are a guide for example.
- Click on the heading "Declare and pay" located in the tab "My daily business", then select "My current deadlines".
- Complete the declaration form. Indicate your turnover collected during the period in question in the corresponding boxes.
→ Please note: even if your turnover is zero, you must still indicate 0 in the relevant period. Otherwise, you will receive a fine of 52€.
- URSSAF automatically calculates the amount to be paid. Validate your declaration. An acknowledgement of receipt is displayed on the screen.
- Make your payment by credit card or telepayment (debit 4H after)
- Once your declaration is sent, it is examined by your CFE (Centre de Formalités des Entreprises)
Step 3 : I get my documents
- You get your SIRET number within 8 to 15 days
- You receive a notification of affiliation within 4 to 6 weeks
Step 4 : I start my activity
You can now issue invoices, make your monthly or quarterly declarations and pay your contributions.
To encourage entrepreneurs to launch their project, the government has created the ACRE.
In certain situations, the ACRE (ex-ACCRE) or "Aide aux Créateurs et Repreneurs d'Entreprises" allows self-entrepreneurs to benefit from a partial exemption from social security contributions at the beginning of their activity.
The following are concerned
- Jobseekers who are entitled to compensation or who are eligible for compensation
- Young people between 18 and 25 years old
Visit https://www.portail-autoentrepreneur.fr/academie/statut-auto-entrepreneur/acre to find the complete list of beneficiaries.